Heaven and hell
From Journey the Word
- The throne of God (Deuteronomy 26:15; Psalm 11:4; Isaiah 66:1).
- The place where God rewards His People (Matthew 5:12).
- The place of rejoicing (Luke 15:7).
- The place free from destruction and theft (Matthew 6:20).
- The place with no night (Revelation 21:25).
- The place with no death, pain, sadness, or grief (Revelation 21:4).
- The place where God dwells with His People and beings (Revelation 21:3).
- The Holy City (Revelation 21:2).
- The place where there is victory and the playing of harps (Revelation 15:2).
- The place where there is no hunger, thirst, tears, scorching heat/hot sun, or mischief (Revelation 7:16-17).
- The garden paradise (Revelation 2:7).
- The home of righteousness (2 Peter 3:13).
- The place where no one is married or given in marriage (Matthew 22:29-30).
- The place where there are no impure people or things (Revelation 21:27).
- The place of life and healing, where God reigns forever (Revelation 22:1-5).
- The place of the most brilliance: very precious jewels of walls of jasper, city made of pure gold, walls decorated with precious stones, and the twelve gates are each made from one single pearl (Revelation 21:11, 18-21).
- The place where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:30).
- Fallen angels dwell in hell (2 Peter 2:4; Jude 1:16).
- The place shut out of the presence of the Lord and the majesty of his power (2 Thessalonians 1:9).
- The place of separation (Matthew 13:49).
- The furnace of fire (Matthew 13:42, 50).
- The place of no rest whatsoever (Revelation 14:11).
- The place where worms don't die and the fire goes unquenched (Mark 9:43).
- The place of everlasting destruction (2 Thessalonians 1:9).
- The place of sorrows (2 Samuel 22:5-7) and torments (Luke 16:23).
- The place where there is outer darkness (Matthew 22:13).
- The lake of fire will be what hell becomes (Revelation 20:14).
- The place filled with the cowardly, unbelieving, vile, murderers, sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, idolaters, and all liars (Revelation 21:8).